Thursday, May 14, 2009

We are Home!!!

Hi,
The flight was ok except Jon was really bad for the first seven hours. The last seven he was good though. The flight seemed to go pretty fast. The whole trip seems like a dream. Everyone was so glad to be back together and I didn't realize how much I actually missed everyone until we met up. I am very tired and only slept about 5 hours last night.
Jon is adjusting well. He likes everybody. He lets me hold him too which he didn't do in China.
Jon was screaming when my mom put him down for nap and he finally stopped.
He is also warming up to the carseat and the highchair. He whines a little when we first put him in, but as soon as he sees the food, everything is good.
Jon still has his tantrums, but they are alot shorter and less frequent.
Here is a scary story that I just remembered. This morning, my mom heard Jon in his bed. She let him be because she figured he was ok. But then around 5:15 a.m. we heard a "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!". I didn't know what it was because I was still iny bed. So, my mom told my dad to go check it out and my dad saw Jon laying at the bottom of the steps. Jon climbed out of his bed and tried to come down the stairs (hard wooden stairs). We don't even let Nate walk down the steps by himself. It was was a miracle that Jon was alright and didn't even cry. In China Jon never even stood up in his crib so we never worried about him climbing out. I told my mom later that morning that I was amazed we didn't have to bring him to the hospital. :O So, that was enough adventure for one day.
My mom and I are so glad to be home and to be in our normal routine. I am actually excited to get back to school, church, and the other stuff we do.

Happy to be home,
Marie94

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely. Will you keep blogging? We would love to check on you from time to time! Shar, Craig, Amanda, Ben and Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all about your journey! It was so good to see your family all at church this morning. -Very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete